15 AMAZING FACTS ABOUT THE LIVER.
1. The Liver is an organ found only in vertebrates; Oh yes!
2. The Human Liver is a reddish-brown organ with four lobes of unequal size and shape. Normally; it weighs approximately 1.5Kg.
3. The Greek word “Hepat” means Liver and denotes Terminologies related to it.
4. Liver cells are called Hepatocytes.
5. Lobules are the functional units of the Liver and each Lobule is made up of millions of Hepatocytes (Liver cells).
6. The liver is covered by a thin double-layered membrane called Peritoneum. The peritoneum helps to reduce friction between the Liver and other organs.
7.No matter the shape or size, all vertebrates have a Liver!
8. The liver is multipurpose! It has a lot of Jobs in the body.
9. Amazing! The Liver is the only organ that can completely regenerate after damage Naturally.
10. Do you know?
Your Brain depends on a Healthy Liver!
11. Liver is the Largest internal Organ and the second Overall largest organ next to skin.
12. Liver has a dual Identity; A gland as well as an Organ.
13. The liver holds approximately 10% of the total blood in your body. It is a Bloody organ!
14. The first Liver Transplant was not a Success. Dr. Thomas E. Starzl performed the first human Liver transplant in 1963 at the University of Colorado medical school.
15. Presently, Liver transplantation is the only option for a complete Liver failure.
Know thy Liver!
Keep a healthy Liver!!