Automate the Boring Stuff with Python Programming
A practical programming course for office workers, academics, and administrators who want to improve their productivity
What you’ll learn
Automate tasks on their computer by writing simple Python programs.
Write programs that can do text pattern recognition with “regular expressions”.
Programmatically generate and update Excel spreadsheets.
Parse PDFs and Word documents.
Crawl websites and pull information from online sources.
Write programs that send out email notifications.
Use Python’s debugging tools to quickly figure out bugs in your code.
Programmatically control the mouse and keyboard to click and type for you
- No programming experience is required
- Downloading and installing Python is covered at the start of the course
- Basic computer skills: surfing websites, running programs, saving and opening documents, etc
Who this course is for:
- Office workers, students, small/home business workers, and administrators would want to improve their productivity.
- Aspiring software engineers who want to add skills to their programming toolbelt.
- Computer users who have heard the “learn to code” message, but want practical reasons to learn to program.
- Experienced Python software engineers can skip the first half of the course, but may find the later parts that cover various third-party modules helpful.
- While this course doesn’t cover specific DevOps tools, this course would be useful for QA, DevOps, and admins who want to learn scripting in Python