Scriptwriting for short films: 16 hours; 16 screenplays!
Practical scriptwriting – work alongside me
Very straightforward:1. I take a RANDOM UNSEEN prompt2. I then brainstorm it in real time – less than 5 minutes. You see me do this
3. The lecture stops and I go and write the Screenplay. Total time maximum: ONE HOUR
4. The second part of the lecture is where I discuss my screenplay
5. There are 16 screenplays with this course so ideally the course lasts 16 days
6. You are encouraged to put your ideas for the prompt in the Q/A. Discussion is key! The more you participate the better the course.
So, what does the student get out of this course?
1. SIXTEEN prompts + discussion (optional)
2. Seeing the end result (as a resource/attached document)
3. Discussion with the writer (Instructor) about WHY that screenplay
4. Opportunity (Q/A) to put own brainstorming and invite comments
5. Encouragement throughout from a very involved Instructor
In general, because of time constraints (1 hour from idea to screenplay) the film is 10-15 minutes long. The Instructor has either produced or directed or acted in over 100 films. He is in Equity, on Spotlight and Starnow.
So this course – this CHALLENGE – is ideal for someone new to screenwriting or just wants the discipline of writing 16 scripts in 16 hours in 16 days!
Who this course is for:
- Those who like a challenge!
- People who have a passion for making their own movies
- People thinking of (or are already) enrolling on a screenwriting course at college
- People who want to work alongside an Instructor
What you’ll learn
Screenwriting – under pressure!
Writing a screenplay within an hour of being given a prompt
The prompt is given and discussed – in real time
The screenplay written in response to the prompt is then discussed
Screenplays are included in the course