Microsoft Cybersecurity Pro Track: Threat Detection
Learn about Microsoft Threat Detection concepts, tools and services (with Hands-on Lab) and Threat Detection concepts
In this course, we will examine the concepts of Threat Detection in an Enterprise using the Microsoft tools and security services for On-Premises, Hybrid and Cloud environments.
You will go through several threats and attack techniques and the tools to detect them and mitigate them as well.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe signature-based and behavioral / heuristic detection methods
- List the capabilities of on-premise threat detection and mitigation tools
- Name the capabilities of hybrid and cloud threat detection and mitigation tools
- Recognize the importance of Enterprise threat detection monitoring
This course is designed to get you started as quickly as possible. There are a variety of self-paced learning activities. You will get:
- Video lectures on each topic explaining each concept thoroughly with examples (and Demonstrations where applicable)
- Review questions at the end of each section (quizz) to test your knowledge on the topics learned in the section
- Hands-on Lab at the end of the course in which you will practice at your own pace. You will have a step by step instruction file available to complete the Lab tasks like: installing detection tools, performing several types of cyber attacks, detecting the attacks and much more.
- Final Exam at the end of the course – 42 questions to test your knowledge on the topics and concepts learned in the course
- Links to official Microsoft resources/blogs/videos for further documentation.
This course is the second course from a series of 9 courses which address all aspects to become a Microsoft Cyber Security Professional . This cyber security track is designed to teach you, or fill in the knowledge gaps, all the aspects and technologies to become a successful cyber security professional. The entire track addresses mostly Microsoft security technologies, including the latest cloud services made available by Microsoft like: Azure ATP, Office 365 security features and services, Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph, Azure Active Directory Security and many more.
Microsoft, Windows, Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. This course is not certified, accredited, affiliated with, nor endorsed by Microsoft Corporation.
Who this course is for:
- Security Administrators, Security Analysts, System Administrator
- Any IT enthusiast who wnts to get started in cyber security and be confortable with the Microsoft Security services
What you’ll learn
Describe signature-based and behavioral / heuristic detection methods
List the capabilities of on-premise threat detection and mitigation tools
Name the capabilities of hybrid and cloud threat detection and mitigation tools
Recognize the importance of Enterprise threat detection monitoring
- Basic experience with the current cybersecurity ecosystem
- Basic analysis capabilities of hacks on computers and networks
- Basic understanding of Risk Management