12 essential tips to make a lasting first impression!
First impression hack – cheat based on scientific evidence!
You’ll never get a second chance to make a great first impression.
Summary of the course
In other words, when you meet someone for the first time, you need to be on top of your game from the very beginning. The key is to build rapport. Rapport is the lubricant for social communication. When rapport is established, communication barriers go down and you will have the opportunity to make a lasting connection. This practice is used actively by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to get interviewees to open up. Throughout this course you will learn similar techniques, which is why you should at least watch the free videos before you decide to enroll.
Who should enroll?
Whether you’re meeting new connections, clients, class mates, team members or potential employers, I’ve put together a framework – based on scientific evidence – to help you put your best foot forward and make a positive and lasting first impression.
Why should you enroll?
This course beyond the frequently heard tips: smile, be on time, put your phone away, look the other person in the eye, give a firm handshake and show genuine interest. In this course you will learn to build rapport.
I’m fully convinced of the benefits, but I don’t see why I should learn all this from you.
True, let me explain by giving you an overview of my experience:
– Parttime PhD Candidate (7 years – present). I read the science, you’ll get the knowledge! What more do you want?
– Chief Information Security Officer (present). Managing Security, Privacy and Quality professionals. Responsible for implementing and maintaining a well balanced organisational risk posture;
– Software quality consultant (6,5 years). I’ve advised many managers of large / small IT projects on various software related aspects.
– Unlike most other courses, you may actually claim 1 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) after finishing this course completely
You can find more details on LinkedIn on or my profile.
Go ahead and click the enroll button, and I’ll see you in lesson 1!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to master the first 5 minutes of making a great first impression
- Consultants working with clients
- Sales representatives that want to expand their toolbox
- Interview candidates
- Anyone who wish to learn basic body language skills
- Students that want to learn interview skills