Last Updated on September 27, 2021 by thegiantreport
Learn to code Python with-in a DAY
Python Crash Course for Beginners
Whether you want to:
- Build the skills you need to get your first Python programming job
- Move to a more senior software developer position
- Get started with Machine Learning, Data Science, Django or other hot areas that Python specialises in
- Learn Python to be able to create your own Python apps quickly.
Will I be able to learn Python and find a job after completing this course?
I have heard of quite a few success stories where students have rigorously followed the course and have found a job afterwards. However, whether you will be able to learn Python and be job-ready, heavily depends on you.
This course is aimed at complete beginners who have never programmed before, as well as existing programmers who want to increase their career options by learning Python.
How much time will I need to complete the course?
That depends on two factors:
(1) Your background: Someone coming from a math or computer science background may be able to complete the course in a shorter time compared to someone coming from a social science background for example.
(2) The effort you put in: If you just watch the videos, you may finish the course in two days. However, simply watching the videos is not enough. You need to experiment with the code you see in the videos. The more you experiment with it the better you become.
Depending on the two factors I mentioned above, students spend from one week to three months to complete the course, most spending one month.
I don’t know anything about programming. Will I still be able to learn Python?
This course assumes you have no previous knowledge of programming. Whenever a programming term is mentioned (e.g. a variable) the meaning of the term is explained thoroughly so you not only understand how to use that particular term in Python, you also understand what that term means in programming.
Will I get support if I get stuck?
Yes. Feel free to drop a question in the Q&A, and me, or my teaching assistant, will answer your questions within the same day.
Does this course cover Python 2 or Python 3?
Who this course is for:
- build the skills you need to get your first Python programming job
- move to a more senior software developer position
- get started with Machine Learning, Data Science, Django or other hot areas that Python specialises in
- or just learn Python to be able to create your own Python apps quickly