Last Updated on May 6, 2022 by thegiantreport
The University of Tasmania has organized the South Asia Scholarships Programme in Australia for candidates who want to get a high-quality educational experience in Australia for the 2022-2023 academic session.
This educational award is open to outstanding international candidates who want to undertake an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the university.
The University of Tasmania is a distinguished public research university in Australia, ranking 303rd in the QS Global World University Rankings and always evolving and transforming in order to meet new challenges and opportunities.
Why Apply for the South Asia Scholarships Programme in Australia?
The University of Tasmania is an internationally recognized institution devoted to learning and knowledge stewardship, academic independence, excellence, and integrity. To prepare students for their future employment, heavy emphasis is on practical learning and as well a fantastic student support system in place.
- University or Organization: University of Tasmania
- Application Deadline: Varies
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Award: 15% Tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
South Asia Scholarships Programme in Australia’s Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Bhutan.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All undergraduate or Honours coursework programs (excluding Bachelor of Nursing Hobart and Launceston; and fully online-only programs); and
- All postgraduate coursework programs (excluding Master of Laboratory Medicine and fully online programs).
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates are required to meet all the following/given criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates must be a citizen of a South Asian country
- Candidates must be classified as International Students as defined under the Application rules of the University of Tasmania
- Candidates must be commencing at the University of Tasmania for the first time
- Candidates must not be a student from a Transnational
- Candidates must be an Education (TNE) partner affiliated with the University of Tasmania
- Candidates must not commence at the University of Tasmania through an articulation agreement with a partner institution (e.g. 2 + 2 degree programs)
- Candidates must be commencing their program in 2022 (any study period)
- How to Apply for the South Asia Scholarships Programme in Australia: Candidates are expected to submit their admission applications via the online portal of the university. Applicants are assessed automatically for the 2022 South Asia Scholarship upon submission of their International Student Application. There is no need to apply separately.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates are required to submit the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts
- Personal statement
- Country specific academic requirements
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to meet the international admission requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 76
- PTE – 50
- CAE- Grade C
- CPE – Grade C
- Cambridge BCE – Grade C
- UTAS English for Academic Purposes – 60%