Merit International Scholarships for Canadian Candidates in the United Kingdom is open to high-caliber international students with the ambition to change their future, applications are ongoing for the programme and applicants must have a high school certificate or GED – 80-85%, A for the academic year 2022-2023.
According to the Times Higher Education World University Ranking of 801, the University of Derby is aimed at helping students from all over the world discover their full potential and make a positive influence on the world.
Why Apply for the Merit International Scholarships for Canadian Candidates?
University of Derby‘s long/short term goals are employment, state-of-the-art facilities, teaching and impacting young candidates. The Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework gives the university a gold rating, and the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 ranks it in the top 20 for teaching quality. In addition, the university provides students with hands-on training and internships in the workplace to ensure that their education is relevant to the real world after they graduate.
The selected candidates from the eligible countries will be awarded the sum of £1,500 for their undergraduate study at Derby for the course duration.
- University or Organization: University of Derby
- Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 17 August 2022.
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: £1,500
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
Merit International Scholarships for Canadian Candidates’ Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Canada.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All undergraduate degree courses and subjects offered by Derby are eligible under this scholarship.
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates are required to meet all the following/given criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates are required to be enrolled in the university first before applying for the scholarship.
- High School Certificate or GED – 80-85%, A
- How to Apply for the Merit International Scholarships for Canadian Candidates: Candidates are expected to first submit an application for the programme they wish to study.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates are expected to present the following documents to the university:
- Officially evaluated institutional transcripts
- Scanned copy of the valid passport
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: Candidates should require a High School Certificate or GED with a minimum average of 65% in 5 subjects in grade 12. If specific subjects are requested, a minimum of 65% must be achieved.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have to be proficient in written and spoken English language.