This is specifically how express works in Canada. This is particularly for those on the quest to save time and resources while they apply for immigration to Canada.
It is very expedient that you have the knowledge of how Express Entry functions in Canada this is because, with the program, you can easily get passage to Canada.
Canada’s Express Entry immigration program is an electronic system that controls most of the application procedures by new immigrants in Canada.
Canada’s Express Entry immigration program is also comprised of three other economic programs for those with skilled labor in the country of Canada.
How does Express Work in Canada?
You would need to take some steps while applying for the express entry immigration program, here are the necessary steps required:
- Generate an Online Profile for Your Express Entry into Canada
- Get picked amongst the many legible applicants
- Get an invitation by the government of Canada to begin working on your permanent residency status
1. Generate an Online Profile for Your Express Entry into Canada
To make sure that your Canadian Express Immigration Program would be eligible enough, you need to first generate an online profile for yourself.
You would be required to include details like your name, passport photograph, language ability, skills, educational background, and experiences from your previous place of work. All these are very important to make your application eligible.
2. Get Picked Amongst the Many Eligible Applicants
After you are done creating an online profile of yourself, with the necessary details attached, you would be immediately given a CRS score, this is solely related to your updated online profile. Your CRS score would be used to pair against other applicants. After they are done comparing, the most suitable candidate would be picked.
This signifies that if you meet all their needed criteria, you would be enrolled in a pool alongside other qualified candidates.
The Express Ranking Score which has a total of 1,200 points is mainly based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS)
3. Get Invited By the Government of Canada to Begin Working on Your Permanent Residency Status
All those who are chosen and with a qualifying job proposal from either a Canadian recruiting manager or provincial territory nominations would be given an opportunity to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency Status.
If you were offered an ITA, it is best if you complete your electronic application before the 60 days deadline elapses. Your electronic application should be submitted through any of these means and programs:
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
After you are done applying for your Express Entry Canadian Application through any of the above-mentioned programs, it would then be forwarded to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
At this level, you are almost near the success doorstep, this is because the anticipated time for your application to be finalized would be about six (6) months.
Express Entry Immigration Program Eligibility Requirements
The requirements for the express entry immigration program differ. Every program has its eligibility requirements.
But then, a requirement that is common and compulsory for all the program types is that you must be admissible to Canada legally, and also, that you have agreed to stay in any Canadian province, with only the exception of the Province of Quebec.
To have a better understanding of what is required, all the requirements needed by the different three programs are well discussed, below.
1. Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP)
The Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP) is a major immigration economic route to Canada, it is also one of the most frequently used.
To be eligible for this program isn’t particularly hard; you are expected to have the minimum requirements in language proficiency, educational status, and work experience.
Your age, current Canadian offer (if there is any), and your ability to adjust to the living standards would also be put into consideration after you are done applying.
A well-detailed list of requirements for the federal skilled worker’s program (FSWP) has been started below:
- You would need to have a Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) certificate of authorized language test, this is done to prove your Canadian language standard.
- You must have at least, a minimum of continued full-time or a decent part-time paid working experience in the same job, within the last ten (10) years. Your job must be acknowledged in Canada’s 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
- You must equally prove beyond doubt that you can support yourself and any dependent family member financially, notwithstanding if you have a job offer from a Canadian employer or you have an already set up work of your own that is legal.
- You must have an acknowledged post-secondary schooling certificate, a Canadian high school certificate, or have attained a foreign schooling credential. If you are making use of a foreign school credential, it should go side-by-side with a review by an authorized CIC agency to ensure that your education attains the Canadian standard.
- 2. Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
If you are working hard to have permanent residency status, this is your best bet.
The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) gives new immigrants with a skilled trade an easy passage into Canada. But this comes with some price tag, the list of requirements needed to become qualified are listed below:
- You would need a minimum of two years of full-time working experience in any skilled trade not less than five years after your application.
- You must have had a job offer of full-time employment in Canada for at least one year, or be validated by a Canadian province or a territory under any of her skilled trade.
- Your language mastery in either French or English must have reached the Canadian standard.
Finally, you would need to show evidence of your experience by carrying out the needed functions in line with your skilled trade as stated by the National Occupational Classification(NOC) in Minor Groups 632 or 633 or Major Groups 72, 82, or 92.
3. Canada Experience Class (CEC) Program
Canada Experience Class (CEC) is solely for international students and foreign workers who have gained some experience living in Canada and would love to gain permanent residency in the country.
Here is a list of requirements needs to be eligible for the offer:
- You must have had at least one year of experience as a skilled, professional, or technical person in Canada, not less than three years before application.
- You must meet the basic language proficiency in English or French.
Financial Requirements for Express Entry
Having access to Canada through the Express Entry Program comes with a price, but then, it is worth every bit of the stress.
Express Entry costs as valid from April 30, 2020 ($CAN) is as listed below:
Your application, not including the Right of Permanent Resident Fee costs $825.
Your application, which includes processing fees and Right of Permanent Resident Fee costs $1,325.
Your spouse or common-law partner’s processing fee and right of permanent residency costs $1,325.
Your spouse or common-law partner processing fees, not including the right of permanent residency costs $825
The right to permanent residency costs $500, but it can be paid later.
If you are coming in with a child dependent on you, you will have to pay $225 for each child.
Proof of Funds for Express Entry Canada Immigration
As was noted earlier, you are required to show proof of funds in your Express Entry Profile.
Your proof of funds is what proves your ability to support yourself and any other family members of yours, who would be moving over to Canada.
A general breakdown of funds required (in $CAN) per family member include:
|Number of Family Members||Proof of Funds|
|For each additional family member||$3,492|
How Express Entry Works in Canada in Terms of Total Processing Time
The time it takes to process your paper, from the time of submission of your online profile to the time you were issued your permanent resident visa would take 6 months or even less. But yet, the Express Entry is the fastest route to move into Canada.